.

.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Kayla Coward.



I actually met Kayla at a scholarship interview at the W in the spring of 2008. (Neither one of us got the scholarship) That day, she told us about these really nice apartments near the Columbus hospital that we may want to check out. My roommates and I did check out and rent one of those apartments, and lo and behold is Kayla Coward wasn't our across the road neighbor. Either the first or second time I talked to Kayla was when she was running around Waverly Complex chasing Pepper, her roommates dog, that she had let get out of their apartment. Pepper the devil dog. That initial encounter is a good analogy for Kayla's personality, because she's always doing something outrageously unusual and energetic. Even though I was only in Columbus less than a year and hated every minute of it, Kayla became one of my best friends. Our friendship came really easy because Kayla has never been shy around a single soul in her life, and she was hospitable in a place that did not have much hospitality to speak of. She's cooked for me, ate my cooking, we've taught Megan how to cook together… har har, Megan. She's witnessed many of mine and Megan's intense sisterly quarrels and helped find everything fun in Columbus to do, which isn't much. And for the record, riding the Gravatron fair ride in the KMart parking lot was not fun. Kayla is one of the kindest ladies that I've ever met, and I am blessed to have her be a part of mine and Jeremy's wedding day.



No comments:

Post a Comment